Need a little pick-me-up at the end of your workweek? A conversation starter for a shy crush? Or just a laugh? Whatever you need, eat your heart out with this list of strange news items from the past week:
- Obama should never follow people on Twitter, weird shit happens. A woman fom New York city was put in a mental institution for claiming the American president followed her on Twitter (spoiler alert: he does).
- Speaking of psych wards, that’s where you might be forcibly institutionalized when you put Facebook’s new suicide prevention tool to the test.
Even Mary Poppins doesn’t get it. Still from Mary Poppins (1964).
- History offers some perspective on the current death sentence controversy. Facing a firing squad is a far cry from what they used to do in India: execution by elephant.
Stop it. You’re scaring the baby! Source.
- Americans push the agenda, edition: license plates. This BBC journalist wonders, “Have “novelty” plates gone too far?”
No comment. Photo by Adam Paul.
- This Chinese lady fights traffic crime. She must have been both driving instructor and ninja in a former life.
Wonder what Walter White would make of her. Source.
- A father and daughter teamed up to remake Jurassic Park, using only legos (they succeeded). Jurassic Park, never forget.
At first it’s all fun and games… Source.
What do you think was the funniest or most noteworthy news of the week? Are there any news items that make you laugh out loud?